“Anti-Black racism is real. We need to do better. Let’s continue to come together to create a new reality for the Black community and create an environment that is free of racism and full respect for one another.”
At Toronto City Council on June 29, 2020 we passed a very important motion. This motion will bring reform to policing services. In fact this motion will work to reimagine how we deliver Policing and Social Services and result in a reduced Policing budget moving forward.
This path forward will focus on supporting our vulnerable community members not marginalizing them.
These steps will accelerate the pace of police reform. They will lead to a reduction of the Toronto Police Service budget for reinvestment in critical community and social services and crisis response.
I am confident with yesterday's Council decision we are taking the difficult but important steps to create the foundation to stamp out systematic racism facing our Black and Indigenous communities and change for the better. We are faced with a very difficult challenge and I am committed to re-imaging how we deliver Policing and Social services and following through on positive change.
Thank you for visiting my page! It is my honour to be your local representative in Ward 23 Scarborough North. As City Councillor, my tasks are to focus on every issue, large and small, that affects the community, including affordable housing, transit network expansion, economic growth, sustainability, health and community safety, etc. Let’s accomplish to build a better city together and please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Here's a list of everything opening as part of Stage 2
Currently, the following types of businesses, facilities, and services are allowed to be open during this. Some places and services, however, may still remain closed.
Food, drink and other vices
Outdoors and recreation
- City parks
- Provincial parks
- Mount Pleasant Cemetery
- Golf courses
- Golf driving ranges
- Marinas and boat clubs
- Picnic shelters at city parks
- Outdoor sports fields and courts for recreational play not for team sports and where social distancing can still be maintained. This includes soccer fields, basketball courts and baseball diamonds.
- Off-leash dog parks
- Skateboard parks
- Outdoor swimming pools
Consumer and business services
- Car dealerships
- Funeral services
- Gas stations
- Laundromats and dry cleaners
- Lawn care services
- Mail services
- Veterinary services
- Businesses that board animals
- Animal and pet care services
- Cleaning and maintenance services
- Non-essential construction
- Daycare and child services
- Party, wedding planning and consulting services
- Wedding chapels
Health and personal care services
- Massage therapists
- Medical laboratory technologists
- Medical radiation technologists and sonographers
- Occupational therapists
- Respiratory therapists
- Speech-language pathologists
- Traditional Chinese medical practitioners and acupuncturists
- Hair services including barber shops, hair salons, hairdressers/stylists, colour consulting services, scalp treatment services, hair weaving services, and hair replacement services
- Beauty salons, shops and parlours including beauticians, estheticians, cosmetology shops or salons, manicure and pedicure salons
- Hair removal services
- Diet centres (non-medical), diet workshops, weight control clinics, and weight-reduction centres (non-medical)
- Piercing services
- Day spas
- Tanning salons
- Tattoo studios
- Personal trainers and sports trainers (outside of gyms only)
The following businesses, facilities, and services still remain closed