Jun 2, 2021
CPLC Communications (June 2021)
1) Welcome Teresa Pastore, Executive Director of Parents Engaged in Education
2) Major crimes
Break and Enter
(2021YTD – Extraction Date May 5)
3) TPS 42D (500 Metre) Crime Hot Spot Analysis
Comparing the period of December 31, 2020 to May 27, 2021 (147 days), there is a 48% decrease in Motor Vehicles Collisions (MVCs).
4) Shootings: 35% decrease compared to last year
Although there is not a pattern of mode of operating MO for these occurrences, the police believe they are illegal gaming house related and money/drugs are targeted amongst intimidation to the attendees for competition.
5) Robberies: 58% decrease compared to last year
Robberies in the Pharmacy Ave. and Finch Ave. East area – 2 males were arrested for street level robberies in the area. These males held victims at knifepoint – arrested and identified by 42D MCU (major crimes unit).
6) Auto thefts: 22% increase compared to last year, highest occurrences in past 3 years to date
Auto thefts in Northern Malvern – Lexus RX350 model vehicles have decreased, however there has been a recent spike in 2000 – 2004 model Honda Odyssey or Pilot vehicles. Area and time has been identified – officers have been made aware and special attention has been brought to the area of interest.
7) Arrest: Jonathan WONG (50) Voyeurism – Teacher at Birchmount Park Collegiate Institute. Wong took photos for cosplay and collaborated with victim on a camera shoot. While victim was changing they found an electronic recording device and immediately confronted the accused who deleted the pictures. Investigation ongoing.
8) Wrap up by Supt. Paul MacIntyre
9) For the summer break, next meeting is scheduled on September 15
Disclaimer: To complete this process, all mandatory (*) fields are required. The information collected are solely for the office of Councillor Cynthia Lai. Your personal information will be kept confidential and will not be shared with any third parties. You hereby give permission to be added to Councillor Lai's database. Ward 23 Scarborough North residents' email addresses will be placed on Councillor Lai's email list to receive important information and updates. You can unsubscribe at any time.